Monday, July 20, 2009

Look at me now!!!

Well, our Caleb is getting big. It seems like every day he learns something new and shocks us with how grown up he looks. We've had a nice week here. Lots of sun and warm weather (up to 25 degrees!!!). It's been nice to go out without a sweater on. Here's a few pictures of what Caleb's been up to this past week.

We managed to find a used exersaucer which Caleb loves. He'll sit in there for up to half an hour bouncing up and down and playing with the toys. So long as Mommy stays where he can see her, he's happy.
Here is Caleb's new highchair. It was a gift from Grandpa Jim and Grandma Lorna. Caleb is proud as a peacock sitting at the table with us during dinner. We did feed him a little bit of mashed banana... he was not nearly so pleased about that!!!
Here's a picture of my garden for those of you who might be interested. You can see that it's really getting big. When I first started the garden I had all these visions of walking down there every other day with Caleb and taking care of it. Unfortunately the bugs can be pretty bad down there so I try to do as much as I can in the evenings when I can leave Caleb with Byron... or on the weekends. Oh well.
Here was one sunny, breezy day when the bugs weren't so bad so Caleb came with me to the garden. He sat in his little Bumbo chair and was happily playing for a while. Then I realized he was taking his toy and dragging it through the dirt and then eating it. Sigh. Well, guess I'm not as great a parent as I thought :)

Caleb and I enjoying a little snuggle before bed time.

It can get pretty hot in our apartment (30+) when the sun is shining because we have south facing windows. So in these next few pictures Caleb is just in his diaper. (and yes, he has a black diaper... we call it his 'ninja' diaper... he uses it to fight bad guys). So up above is Caleb on Saturday, you can see that he's doing a nice pushup. Getting pretty strong hey!!

Then on Sunday... we caught Caleb doing this...


and this... yikes, just once or twice though. I had to sit by the camera for a long time to catch him at it. However, by Mondy night, he was a pro, as you can see on the video below.

In the space of half an hour he did this many, many times. Which means crawling is coming. Oh dear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marie said...

And it appears that you, like me, enjoy exclamation marks. Look at a few of your titles!!! Hee Hee

8/21/2009 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home